I got this in my inbox recently and I thought it will be helpful to those in Jordan. I do not have contact info so try the website in the poster or go to the event on facebook: http://www.facebook.com/event.php?eid=54389778063
Souq Gaza on Sat 17th from 10am – 3pm.
Souq for Gaza: People have been calling and asking
How they can help and what they can donate?
So here’s an initial response
First, it’s easiest to start with what will NOT sell
Please do NOT donate clothes / shoes / blankets etc we cannot handle it at the souq
What will sell, what should you donate?
The best GUIDELINE is: Would YOU buy it? Would someone you know buy it?
After discussions here’s a list of things we think might sell and that YOU might donate We will group them to sell:
· Unwanted gifts / Handcrafts (JD5 upwards)
· Books: recent, interesting (JD2 upwards)
· Movies / Music CDs DVDs ¡V but NOT pirated please
· Food: Bottles / tins /jars / packets (eg local olive oil) (JD3 upwards )
· Cakes, cookies ¡V homemade for our coffee shop
· Household goods / used but still desirable: pots, dishes, pans, vases, framed pictures, lamps
We will try to get the most money possible for your item. So give us a guideline price. At the end of the day, whatever is not sold, we will sort and decide: what to keep for the next sale (there will be a re-launch of souq soon we hope) and what to hand over to Entity Green Training for recycling.
Tasks you can take on
- Walking round the souq collecting money in buckets
- Running the raffle / tombola
- Helping us pack up the souq at the end of the day (3:00- 4.30)
- Organizing your friends and YOU run a stall
If you work for an institution, then please mobilize ¡V you have huge networks of influence. Get you staff to run a stall: treat it as a team-building, management training exercise.
“How you spend your money is how you vote on what exists in the world.”